Uthit Atimana was born in ChiangMai. He is a keen intellectual and thinker in contemporary art and social media study. He started the “Chiangmai Social Installation” project (1993 – 1996). He was the vice-dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts, CMU for the CMU Art Museum (2000-2004) and was the director of the Media Arts and Design Center, CMU (2003-2005). At present he is a board member of the land foundation, a lecturer for the Media Arts and Design Center, CMU and is a PhD fellow of Media Study.
Selected Art & Cultural Activities
- 2001 The Fifth and The Sixth Chiang Mai Art and Culture Festival
- 1995 “Nonsensical Modernist Philosophical Theory in Art?”: Faculty Exhibition
- 1993 “Philosopher’s Room”: Faculty Exhibition “Someone else Thinks and Makes My Art happen”
- 1992 “My Art Is Simultaneously, Ugrily, Badly Not Intended To Say Anything”
- 1989 “Artist’s Room” Projects
- 2007 Co-creation with Rirkrit Tiravannija in The Quiet in the Land Project At Luang- Prabang, Lao PDR
- 2003-2004 Buddhist Craftsmanship Project
- 2001 Co-ordinator of Eukabeuk Event
- 1998 Co-ordinator of Eco-culture Project
- 1998- The Land, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 1997-1998 Co-ordinator of The Fourth Chiang Mai Social Installation
- Artistic Organizer for Poi Luang Constitutional Installation: Thai Constitutional movement
- Co-ordinator of The Third The Week of Co-operative Suffering”Teaching Art is an Art Project”
- 1996 Co-ordinator of The Second The Week of Co-operative Suffering
- 1995-1996 Co-ordinator of The Third Chiang Mai Social Installation”Sea Game is Art: Conceptual Self-learning Project”
- Co-ordinator of The First The Week of Co-operative Suffering
- Participation in “Sculpture of Nothingness Project”, Germany
- 1993-1994 Co-ordinator of The Second Chiang Mai Social Installation “My Family Is Art”
- 1993 Co-ordinator of “Magic Set Project”
- 1992-1993 Co-ordinator of Temples & Cemeteries Art Festival
- 1991 Co-ordinator of The Social Protesting as Artistic Movement Project
- Profession Instructor of Faculty of fine arts, Chiang-Mai University, THAILAND.
- Instructor (De-sign Lab)Master Degree, Media Arts and Design, Graduate School, ChiangMai University, THAILAND.
- Lectured and exhibition at Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam. Project Mapping the studio(Rirkrit Tiravanija&the land foundation)
- 2003-2006 Head of Media Arts and Design, College of Graduate Study, Chiangmai University
- Head of The CMU Art Museum, Chiangmai University
- Vice Dean of Academic Affair, Faculty of Fine Arts, Chiangmai University
Society Memberships and Appointments
- Advisory Board Member, The Land Foundation Committee and Consultants
- 2006 Committee for the National of One Tom-bon One Product (OTOP), THAILAND.
- 2005-2007 Contemporary Arts Research Committee for Cultural Ministration,THAILAND.
- Contemporary Arts, Sculpture, Design, Media and Cultural Study