Thasnai Sethaseree (Ph.D.)
Thasnai Sethaseree was born in Bangkok, Thailand in 1968. Recurrent themes in his practice have included issues of memory, migration, and a philosophical questioning of the nature of knowing. Sethaseree is best-known for his conceptual and relational works, usually ephemeral in nature; his practice has recently turned to sculpture and painting. His turn to painting recently premiered at the prestigious Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.
- Thasnai Sethaseree, Asia Pacific Breweries Signature Art Prize : Untitled (Hua Lamphong), Singapore Art Museum, Singapore, 25 May – 2 Septemper, 2018.
- Thasnai Sethaseree, Sculptured Vol. 1 : Untitled 2015,Yavuz Gallery, Singapore, 24 June – 23 July, 2017.
- Thasnai Sethaseree,Unsuspending Disbelief : The Spectacular, Logan Center for the Art, Chicago, USA. 22 January – 13 March, 2016.
- Thasnai Sethaseree, And That Which Was Always Known : Untitled 2014-15, Yavuz Gallery, Singapore, 19 April – 24 May, 2015.
- Thasnai Sethaseree, The Way Things Go : make it like home . . . anywhere?(2000–14),Yerba Buena Centre for the Arts, San Francisco, USA, 13 February – 24 May, 2015.